The L.A. County Coroner’s Office released its toxicology findings in the death of rapper Mac Miller, and according to their report Miller died from “mixed drug toxicity,” citing that fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol were found in his system, categorizing his death as an accidental overdose.
In September Mac, real name, Malcolm McCormick, was found in a bedroom at his San Fernando Valley home. He was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics who were called to the home by a friend, for a patient in cardiac arrest.
Los Angeles police officials quickly determined there were no signs of foul play and turned the investigation over to coroner’s officials. The rapper had long struggled with drug and alcohol issues.
“It just seems exhausting to always be battling something … to always be battling for what you think your image is supposed to be. You’re never going to be able to get anything across. It’s never gonna be the real … No one’s gonna ever really know me,” he said in one of his last public interviews.